Airline Food

Guest atlantis

Guest atlantis

Anyone got any good airline food stories?

I find it is generally ok to eat. I once lived on it for a whole "32hours flying to Europe. We had an 8 hour delay at Jakarta airport, need I say more. I guess first class food would be a pretty decent afair.

Guest Guest

It can certainly vary greatly, even on the same Airline, depends where the catering is done. :roll:

When I was living and working in Vietnam some years ago, and used to fly around with our 767 a lot for Vietnam Airlines, we never would touch the catering out of Vietnam, it was disgusting by any Western standards. :shock:

However other times, particularly coming back to Vietnam from Moscow, on exactly the same Aircraft and still flying for Vietnam Airlines, we had some of the BEST catering any of us had ever seen, because it was provided by Aeroflot. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sunshy

When I'm on duty, airline food is basically all I eat. There sure is a huge difference between the airlines. For instance, Aer Lingus has great sandwiches, while the stuff they call food an a certain German airline, I won't eat even when I'm starving.

Interesting fact; crew meals are generally way better than pax meals. A nice to know if you're going to fly; several airlines use the food leftover from the last flight as breakfast the next day, or cater the aircraft in the evening when it comes in for its nightstop. Not the brightest of ideas, considering there is no cooling during the night. Just another good reason why you should never have the chicken meal/sandwich.

One more thing; stay away from the coffee, you don't want to know.

Guest atlantis

Thanks for the tips, the coffee one sounds interesting but I will take your word for it and steer clear unless I am desperate.