Photo licences & aviation security checks for Flight Crew

Guest colt_pa22

Guest Macair

The next thing I see happening with the asic requirement is that at most airports when you need to get in to get back into your aircraft you will have to call someone, not a real hassle at an airport with 24 hour security on staff but at most regional airports where the owner is the local council you will be contacting the groundsman or such.

I bet it wont be long and you will see a "call out" fee being charged for someone to come and open the gate to let you get to your own aircraft.

Guest Swagman

So if you applied the week before Christmas 2005 Robbo, will your 2 year licence expire at Christmas 2007 or 2 years from when you actually receive it?

Guest colt_pa22

I haven't got even a photo license yet, but I don't think I need one if I have an ASIC. I really don't think many people will get anything before the 31st of March.

colt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colt_pa22

My friend got his ASIC yesturday and he applied for it on 30th December, 05. Over 1 month later than I did. I don't understand it.

At least CASA finally replied to my email request on the second attempt, my application has been sent to Qantas.

colt

well it did NOT come :x :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:It was posted Monday arvo so dunno why i have not got it.

No doubt someone in Cairns will be opening yours about now. :)

Havn't even checked up on mine, I will get it one day. Still going to work tommorrow, doubt if anybodies going to question me at 630 in the morning. Wonder how a loss of income claim would go because I havn't recieved the bullshit paperwork? Should be around 8K a day.

Guest colt_pa22

Does CASA post out the ASIC's or Qantas?

CASA told me on the phone a week before I got my ASIC that it was still in processing and yet to be sent to Qantas. Qantas never contacted me re my ASIC and it just arrived last week. I was expecting a big delay.

I was very polite when replying to the email from CASA last week telling them that my address details were incorrect, who knows if this helped me?

colt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colt_pa22

Your having no luck Robbo. Bloody AaE 727's, or are they Metros? At least they are trying to get it to you as quick as possible.

I saw some people at Point Cook wearing their ASIC's while walking around.

Would I be a dick if I started wearing it around non ASIC airports as a form of photo ID?

colt

Guest Glenn
:shock: A MIRACLE HAS OCCURED :shock: I have received my asic :lol:

[smilie=party0019.gif] [smilie=party0019.gif]

• 2 years later...

Its time again. My asic expires at the end of January so I will send off all the paperwork tomorrow and hopefully I will have it before the other expires lol

I want to get all the paperwork in before the major Christmas and new year holidays.