Question Re: Paint patches

Guest David C

Guest David C

Does anyone know why some arircraft , including this B744 of United Airlines have those unpainted / white patches under the fuselage . My guess is that it aids visual contact in not so good weather conditions , but I may be well off the mark .. What do you think ?? ... Incidentely this is N180UA i/b Sydney about 15 mins ago .

Dave C

Guest g_i_jack029

WOW!!! Briliant photo Dave!!! =D> i love it!

is it just apart of the Livery? or have you seen it on other aircraft too?

great phto anyway Dave =D> =P~

Guest Darren Masters

Dave, great pic by the way I think it's something to do with where the 'grey water' is ejected in flight, ie, the fluids from the wash basin in the toilet and from the galley. You will often see coffee stains in these areas as the cabin crew are constantly in trouble for getting rid of the coffee via these grey water sinks. The tubes that this water comes out of are heated so as to prevent freezing when they meet the atmosphere at this high altitude. When I worked at the airport, we used to love filling the lavatory sink and then dumping the water when someone was walking below at one of the drain points :lol:

Guest David C
Just as well they don't dump some other stuff or the stains will be a different colour

Yes and right over my house too !!!

Dave C

Guest Chainsaw
eeewwwweeee

That sort of thing is one very good reason why I would never have considered becoming a plumber!

Just as well the planes that fly over my place are on their way out. Too soon for dumping stuff [-o<

Guest Darren Masters

Hey hey it's only ever the grey (sink water) or anything anyone pours down there that is dumped outside into the atmosphere. It NEVER includes the dunny waste. Have we had this conversation before Chainy? :lol:

Guest Darren Masters
Yes' date=' but its a good way to get wasted Daz LOL[/quote']:lol: That's a real Chainy comment. Love it though