sabre - flight characteristics?

Guest PeterMJ

Is there anyone out there who flies or has flown the sabre rvx100? I would be interested in thoughts about flying quality. My web search suggests it is now manufactured under a new company - is there still an Australian distributor?

Guest Michael Coates

The factory owners have changed hands about 4 times in 4 years. There was an AU importer but they gave up about 2 years ago (maybe 3 years ago). PM me for more info. Thanks Michael

• 4 months later...

Only just read your query re flying characteristics of Sabre.I have flown one for approximately 40 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. My flying experience covers probably 25 to 30 types of aircraft and I would rate the Sabre in the top three . the controls are well harmonised with excellent feel and fairly low stick forces. Short field landings and takeoffs can be performed with confidence however because the main wheels are set well rearward it is probably necessary to reach 35 to 40 kn before rotation begins. You can however initiate rotation earlier with a rapid fore and aft elevator movement to create a bouncing action.visibility is excellent and cockpit space very adequate.