Traffic Patterns

• 1 month later...

I was asked to do an orbit on downwind by the tower today on a solo circuit. Furthermore, the orbit was to the circuit side, which i guess is to avoid violating airspace. Funnily enough, I was reading this thread last night and made a mental note that I would never do an orbit, but I guess it all depends on the circumstances!

Guest Baphomet

My apologies for posting this twice, but I replied to the wrong thread 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Revenge is a dish best served cold so they say

I did most of my PPL training in Townsville, which as many will know can be very busy particularly on a Sat morning when every student from miles around wants to fly. It is also a training airfield for air traffic controllers many of whose first reaction to stress, is arrogance. After a morning of LH ccts (both LH & RH ccts are active at times) in a very busy session, I advised control this would be my last, and the lovely (I presume) young lady responded with 'PXB continue downwind, report turning base' I duly made the call and found myself head-to-head with another aircraft flying right base for the same runway. At that moment control says 'PXB clear to land runway 01' So I respond as casually as I can, 'would I be no 1 or 2 to the Cherokee on right base 01?' Well, you could have heard a pin drop in the radio silence that followed. Shortly after a male voice says 'PXB are you able to perform a LH orbit? I respond ' affermative' and then followed 'XXX continue approach, clear to land, PXB perform LH orbit, clear to land no 2 to XXX'

Training $120 ph

Putting that B***h back in her box for a moment - priceless