Flight planning application for Mac's

Tomo

I've got an ibook G4 (nothing fancy, but does the job) and was wondering if there is any good flight planning applications out there, (or even free ones) that would be worth getting to play around with...?

Also, I'm not disregarding Ian's on this site...

Tom

Ps. Forgot to mention, I've got OS X Leopard on it...

Guest basscheffers

I have been looking for a while, but unable to find. :(

Time to write one myself. (If I could find the time!)

Guest Brett Campany

I've been looking for sometime and from the research I found, you'll be paying some good coin to get an online flight planner. I do like Ian's, it does the job for sure.

Now if you had an iPhone, you might be able to get a couple of flight planning apps!

Anyhow, what are you looking for in a flight planner mate? I'm at work today and it's going to be pretty quiet so I'll have a look around online for you.

Anyhow, what are you looking for in a flight planner mate? I'm at work today and it's going to be pretty quiet so I'll have a look around online for you.

I'm not exactly shore... I've had a play around with the Pocket FMS program on the PC (the trial version) and I just found it fun doing up mock trips... good practice to I suppose... I just figured if I could get something for me ibook I could then sit in the lounge and do it...;)

Cheers,

:thumb_up:

Guest pelorus32
I've got an ibook G4 (nothing fancy, but does the job) and was wondering if there is any good flight planning applications out there, (or even free ones) that would be worth getting to play around with...?Also, I'm not disregarding Ian's on this site...

Tom

Ps. Forgot to mention, I've got OS X Leopard on it...

I'm running VMWare Fusion on OS X Leopard with a Bootcamp virtual machine and running Champagne Flightplanner 3000 on that. You'll find a review in the reviews section.

It works like a charm. IMHO the best flight planner out there for Australia.

Regards

Mike

Guest basscheffers
I'm running VMWare Fusion on OS X Leopard

VMWare won't fly on a G4 - you need an Intel Mac for that!

Guest pelorus32

Well what about Boot Camp? I run Boot Camp through VM Ware so the software is actually running in Boot Camp. Not ideal but OK

Regards

Mike

Guest pelorus32
Nope, that requires an Intel Mac too. :(

Ahhh right....well what about Virtual PC - is that still about?040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

• 1 month later...