A380 update

Guest Chainsaw

Guest Chainsaw
...All assembly of the 380 has been stopped. One Qantas a/c in the hangar, another set of wings outside collecting bird poo. Qantas have been told they can have one delivered in Oct/Nov 2007...

Interesting. Only one?

Guest WillMikoyan

It seems Airbus really screwed up with the A380...

(If anyone can remember) Did Boeing have this much truble with the 747 when they frist introduced it?

It seems Airbus really screwed up with the A380...(If anyone can remember) Did Boeing have this much truble with the 747 when they frist introduced it?

I cant really answer that im only 15, but from what i have read i really dont think so - although chainy and 60's might be the best ones for this question :lol:

Guest Steve R
It seems Airbus really screwed up with the A380...(If anyone can remember) Did Boeing have this much truble with the 747 when they frist introduced it?

This was a page I bookmarked when the 380 made it's first flight, someone was, at the time, remarking how 'trouble free' the 380 project had been in comparison to the 747 !!

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay ... Aero21.htm

Guest Chainsaw

Good read Steve :)

I found the part about the delays due to the engines very interesting, a 12 month delay with planes parked! Just imagine that now? eeek