Need help with 912

barandbrew

On the weekend we replaced the rubber flangers on my Gazelle with new ones. The motor would not idle without advancing the throtle and then flooded badly with fuel coming out of the overflow pipes. We checked everything 10 times and eventually put the old flanges back on and the problem dissapeared. Wally from Floods says it must be something wrong with the carbies . The new flanges are way stiffer than the old. Last 100 hr we replaced the main needle and jets/vacume rubbers and floats. If anyone has any idea where we start to look it would be great.

Thanks in advance

John

049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Guest JeffC

John,

A few others are reporting the same problem on replacing the flanges with a stiffer new one. My first thought is that the carbs are out of balance with the new flanges. Did you redo the mechanical synchronisation?

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Yes we did the mechanical setup. Dont really understand why this should happen it seems the carbies need a certain dampening the new flanges wont give. Very frustrating when you have a perfectly good engine do the required maintance set by the manufacturer and now you cant fly.

Will keep trying

Guest JeffC

Yes it is a pain. My 5 yr rubber parts replacement incl the flanges is coming up in a few months so I will be interested in any solution. If I have any more brilliant ideas I'll let you know.