Hello!

Hi,

I thought I'd better get my act together and post on "Just Landed". I have been avidly reading the forums since the start of this year and soaking up the great info and insights into flying. I am in my mid 40's and I'm the last in the family to take up flying. My Dad, two uncles and both brothers are pilots so I thought I'd better stop being the black sheep and learn to fly. I stared in December last year, went solo late January, passed my pilot certificate in March and cross country early April.

So after 20 years as a Software Engineer I have moved into the family business and now manage the Goolwa Airport and handle the administration for the Goolwa Rec. Flying School. My goal is to go through instructor training and one day hopefully become CFI.

I really enjoy reading the forums each day and hope to contribute more in the future.

Cheers,

Richard.

Welcome Richard,Hope you enjoy the site, as you said a lot of great info here.

It sounds like a great family business. I was 48 when i took it up 16 months ago. I hope to here more about Goolwa Rec Flying School, what state is it in and where ?

Monty

Wecome Richard,

Sounds like you've got things made, and with all the family aviators helping in the business, your future looks fantastic.

Keep us posted.

Kind Regards

Planey

Hi Monty, thanks for the welcome. Goolwa is in S.A. next door to the Murray Mouth. Lake Alexandrina is 5 minutes away. It's a great place to fly and with the whale watching season starting it's great to fly over Victor Harbor and spot the whales.

Cheers,

Richard.

Guest Wigg

Victor Harbour is a beautiful spot just to visit at any time. Welcome to the forums Richard, enjoy.

Hi Monty, thanks for the welcome. Goolwa is in S.A. next door to the Murray Mouth. Lake Alexandrina is 5 minutes away. It's a great place to fly and with the whale watching season starting it's great to fly over Victor Harbor and spot the whales.Cheers,

Richard.

I will get back to S.A. one day, I spent some time at Edinburgh in the RAAF back in 1977/78., A lovely place. I didn't get a lot of time to myself for sightseeing but it would be nice I am sure.

Monty