J160C Circuit + Glide Approach with Intercom/Radio!

sseeker

Hey great stuff sseeker,

Is this an old video as well or fairly recent? It's great fun and really good practise doing glide approaches eh?

I really like the audio from the intercom on the video - was it easy to set up for that?

Pud

Hey Pud,

This video was taken from todays flight. I had to use our old Sony Handycam because my new HD camera doesn't have an audio line in. Glide approaches are always fun, this was the first time I'd done them solo. Intercom was easy to record, I purchased an intercom recording cable from Xcom Avionics @ XCOM 760 VHF Aircraft Transceiver for Sport Aircraft, Ultralights and other Aircraft Needing Clear Powerful Transmission LSA, Light sport aircraft for $30AUD.

Regards,

Andrew

Well it looked like a fantastic day for it sseeker, that windsock was as limp as.....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I'm gonna have to try a setup with video and audio sometime. Did you just velcro the camera in place or did you have a mount to use?

Pud

Hi Pud,

I just used one of these to mount on the window: Suction Mount Tripod Holder For Car Window Camera Hold - eBay, Other Accessories, Video Camera Accessories, Cameras. (end time 18-Jun-10 13:58:26 AEST)

Dunno how you could do it on the Thruster since the only smooth surface is the glass... Or maybe you could try the outside of the pod? :ah_oh:

-Andrew

That's brilliant! :thumb_up:

I didn't think the first landing was all that bad! ;) The second was beautiful though :thumb_up: