Hi and

Hi fellow flyers,

I've new to this site but not to aviation having been mixed up in it for over 40years. I still don't know much is what I know.

A couple of months ago I ordered a new Jabiru J120, kitted out with Dynon D10A and Microair Transponder. and hopefully will take delivery in late November or there abouts. My wife & I plan to do an extremely leisurable (is there such a word?) trip around Oz when we retire.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience of the J120. I would value any reviews or comments on any aspects relevant to it.

I'm looking forward to flicking through the differnt topics that are discussed in the forum pages.

Stay safe & happy.i_dunno

Welcome to the site here Ian,

We have something in common.... I don't know much either:laugh: which is why I frequent this site a lot. As you can see by my avatar to the left I fly a Thruster so no help to you whatsoever. Somebody will be along soon though I'm sure with an opinion and good solid views on what you want to know.

All the best,

Pud (my name is Ian too:big_grin:)

Hello and Welcome Ian,

I love the 120, have learnt to fly in one and my husband and I (both RAA) have done a few trips in it.

I am short 5'5" and My other half is 6'1" and we both have found it comforatble enough even for a few hours of flying.

Personally have no complaints and would buy one myself if the means were available.

I am sure others will post more details.

Bec

Welcome mate! Greatly fantastic to have you :thumb_up:

Commiserations to Pud, I never new what boke meant until now - highly interesting.

Ian, I've done the majority of my flying hrs in a Jabiru 120, some 60 odd hrs now I guess. Couldn't fault it really, they look Cute, handle surprisingly well, nice to fly, cruises beautifully (well the one I fly does). You can fit a surprising amount of gear in as well. Mum and I took one to Temora for the week for Natfly as Blackrod mentioned. We fitted all our camping gear (though it was all small stuff) in no trouble at all.

Fuel tank isn't the biggest on the planet, but it seems to be sufficient, you can get about 4hrs and a bit to a tank, 3.5hrs plus reserve sorta thing. Plenty enough to be in the air for one leg anyway. Just got to plan your fuel stops to suit.

You won't be disappointed with it - it has to be Jabiru's sweetest model. :big_grin:

I've got some video's on youtube if you like to see it in action.

Take care,

boek

Thanks to you all for the welcomes and the enlightening information on my typo.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Story behind the purchase is amusing.....I live on the coast just north of Newcastle with the light aircraft lane going almost overhead (maybe a def of coastline needed here for some of the lighty drivers as most cut across the headland rather than go round it - me too!!). Back to the story....so when anything bigger than a mossie flies overhead I run out to catch a glimpse through the trees. One day after this happening many times my wife said "Suggie(nickname) just go and buy one" ....so I did before she changed her mind again!! Shes gorgeous still after 33yrs.

And Pud, just so you get it from me it was boke(strike out) loke(strike out)..damn this keyboard!!

Bloke see it does work sometimes

Cheersi_dunno

And Pud, just so you get it from me it was boke(strike out) loke(strike out)..damn this keyboard!! Bloke see it does work sometimes

Cheersi_dunno

G'day Suggie,

Well I'm glad you cleared that up! It seems to me that you probably suffer from 'fat finger' syndrome:big_grin: Are you like me on the keyboard - one of the 'search and destroy' brigade who type with one finger and have to go looking for the correct key and then hit it like its a nail or something:laugh:

All the best Suggie,

Pud

Hey Blackrod, yes, its what I'm doing my GA - RAA conversion on but between the aircraft, Instructers days off, work, weather, the owners reserved day for the aircraft I think I now have the grand total of about 2.5hrs over 2 months. Lucky I'm an old buggar and can amble down to the fence rather than jump it!

By the way, I heard today (everybody else probably knows this) that Willy is becomming active 7days a week for 16hrs per day as of December I think it was. Seems a weird time to do it with Christmas stand down just down the road. So long as the LAL remains accessible I'll be happy. Then again maybe my leg was being pulled - anyone know any more on this?

I'll be sure to make myself known if I see you.

Cheersi_dunno