Looking for a hero

Riley

Does anyone have, or know of a possible source of supply for a length of 6061 T-6 (or near equivalent mat specs) RECTANGULAR TUBE of following dimensions; L- 1200MM, OD - 2" x 1 1/2", WT - 1/8". No longer available fm either Performance Metals here or Aircraft Spruce there. Hopefully someone may have a piece left over from a project that they'd be willing to sell (or I'd swap my spare dentures). Help!!

Cheers Riley

Thanks for that Boof. I gave Tuggaranong a call but they didn't have nor could they steer me in an appropriate direction. Guess I may have to use this as an excuse (reason) to the wife for attending an airshow in the USA next year.

cheers Riley

Yeah Ozzie, I sure have but I'm dictated by the dimensions of the original mating fittings to stay with the 2" X 1 1/2" OD measurements and I haven't yet been able to find a supplier who imports 4130 of that size. Will continue to thrash the bushes and hopefully something will run out or someone will recall having a bit of either the alloy or CrMo in the back of the shed. Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers Riley

Guest kiwilad

Gidday Riley

A mate over here put his gyro in a while back.Same size rhs.Think he has become part of a shipment coming both here and to Aus. Will find out what I can and get back to you

Kiwiland - Thanks for the encouraging response. I'll eagerly await your advice and if positive, I guess we'll just have to give N. America a miss and come over to the next Warbirds (the wife has actually said that I need to get to Wanaka before I die - I'm wondering if she knows something I don't??) Either way, let me know if your cobber has any possibilities.

Ozzie - Fortunately neither. I sold my T-300 a month or so back (part of the wife's input when I acquired the Lightwing) and the little Skydart is in fine fettle and needing nothing apart from more air time but I'll give Cohen & Hoysted a call just on the off chance they might have something that suits. Muchas gracias for the heading.

Cheers Riley