Overflys

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all,

Here are some regular overflys if you are in Sydney. These are high altitude passenger flights from cities such as Auckland to Singapore and vice versa. I will add some others when I observe them. They will often be from FL320 upwards and doing something like 500kts and will usually leave a contrail behind them. Always good to have some binos too as when someone uses the hand basin in the bathroom you can see the stream of water coming from underneath the a/c. The tubes this water exits out of are heated to prevent freezing on contact with the -45 outside.

#Thai Airways Flight 989 West to East overfly at 08.20 Sydney Local Daily

#Singapore Airlines Flight 298 East to West overfly at 14.05 Sydney Local Daily

#Singapore Airlines Flight 281 West to East overfly at 18.35-19.00 Sydney Local Daily

#Singapore Airlines Flight 286 East to West overfly at 16.00 Sydney Local (I think Thursdays only).

There are a few more I have somewhere and I will add them as I find them. I would like to know if anyone else has observed them be it in Sydney, Western NSW etc. Enjoy!! Add more if you have some ;)

Guest David C

I love to see the contrails on a clear day .. Takes me back to my childhood I suppose , when the trails were nearly always left by Vulcan bombers . I see contrails left by domestics too , usually MEL-NCL . I missed a good one yesterday , a G550 reg'd I-LUXO at FL 450!! , it was cloudy , just my luck !!.

I use Ozradar too , it's a good site .

Dave

Guest AusDarren

I had a look at openatc.. almost real time.. just a slow refresh rate.

Spooky...

I wonder what determines which planes are shown? ADS-B equipped perhaps?

thanks for that tip Darren..

Regards,

AusDarren

Guest Fred Bear

Dave, we were just talking about those a/c on Saturday night! :) Darren, yes, the a/c that are shown are ADSB equipped. Will be compulsory over the coming years so we will see a little more traffic on