CRAA membership offer

Guest burbles1

Guest burbles1

As a member of the Canberra Region Aviators Association (Canberra Region Aviators Association Inc.), I’m keen to see a second airport for Canberra. It could revitalise RA and GA training where other airfields are under threat, provide a good base for flying tourism, be a strategic airfield for resources management and host fly-ins. The CRAA really needs more members to show the ACT Government and other organisations the level of interest – it’s the most effective way to keep the proposal moving along.

I am offering a limited number of memberships at no cost, as a way of donating to the CRAA. With the authorisation of CRAA Vice President, Michael Monck, I am willing to cover the cost of the first year’s membership for new members.

Please PM me for more details.

Thanks,

Dave Gardiner

RA-Aus pilot

Thank You Dave,

Hi Dave

And thank you very much Dave for making the payment on my behalf to the CRAA,

This is a tenuous offer on your behalf Dave, I only hope that the Airport one day becomes a reality.

I will now maintain my membership and each time I make a payment I will think of your generosity Dave.

Once again thank you regards Shaun.

Guest burbles1

My pleasure jabiru.

I'd really like more people to sign up as members of CRAA to support the second airport for Canberra. I am paying for memberships as a donation to the cause. Just PM me your email and/or address so I can complete the membership form online, then I'll email the receipt.

Thanks heaps!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest burbles1

G'day Ross,

Yes, I'm still offering the first year's membership free. Just PM me these details (only because the CRAA would like to know these as part of registration) and I'll arrange payment:

- total hours

- RA-Aus/CASA licence

- type of aircraft, rego and location

- email address.

I'll send you the receipt by email. And if you know of anyone else who may be interested, let them know of this offer.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank's for the reply. My problem is I am not a pilot to date as I'm presently considering doing a TIF for trikes fairly soon and hopefully getting my pilots certificate. If everything goes according to plan at Tumut.

I took a look at the CRAA site and like you mention below, they only seem to refer to present pilots, rather than potential future ones. I'm presently in the ACT at the moment and I'm interested in the progress of the 2nd airfield for many reasons.

I've only done about 3 or 4 hours as a student in the early 90's with a single engine, fixed wing, until the instructor was posted with the Airforce. I've recently become interested in learning to fly trikes, due to their simplicity and lower cost, along with advancing technologies. I'm not receiving any income at present, although I have some set aside for learning to fly. I'm just waiting for the weather to settle down a bit, before I take the plunge.

1. Total hours - about 3

2. Licence - not yet

3. Aircraft - interested in trikes

4. Email address - I've sent it to your PM's

Not sure if this will help Dave for the membership but it's worth a try. It might also be worth mentioning to the CRAA to make the registration public friendly also. To encourage people without present flying experience, to also support the airfield (will help with the numbers). There are probably a lot of people out there, who would like to support the CRAA but are deterred because they don't as yet, have significant flying experience. After all, these are the people who will probably most benefit from a second airfield.

Thank's in advance Dave, :)

RossCJ.

Guest burbles1

Anyone with an interest in aviation is welcome as a member. CRAA will accept memberships from students, pilots, partners of pilots, aspiring pilots and anyone else who would benefit from a second airport for recreational flying.