J230D sticking throttle

Jab Guy

reason

Something is obviously causing the trouble, so good idea to check what it is.

Floor throttle (between the legs) or dash?

I'd pull the top engine cowl off and thoroughly check the throttle linkages - spring etc...

Without knowing more, it's hard to tell what it could be - does it still do it? is it just intermittent and happen every now and then?

Mine gets harder to slide towards the due service time.

I note that the throttle rod that slides through the tension nut is quite dry, infact sort of sticky after a time and grabs.

I wipe clean with petrol cloth and apply a very light smidgin of oil. Too much and you get on your hand when operating. Wipe off excess.

You will need to do every 25 hours at least.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

J230D Throttle Sticking

Hi Phil

Thanks for you input which I will do tomorrow ... the a/c has been in storage over the winter so I suspect your right ... I tried to find something on the Jabiru site but couldn't see any mention of what maintenance the throttle needs...

Cheers

Bruce

J230D Sticky Throttle

Hi All ... problem identified as the throttle cable needing lubricating which has been done and throttle operating smoothly again ... have written this check into 50 hour ritual. Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a clamp at motor cycle shops to go on the cable. ($16) It has a nozzle that you can attach to a pressure pack (usually graphite grease) and it will fill up the full length of the cable. Wonderfully smooth throttle results but you may need to snug up the blocks on the throttle shaft to stop throttle creep.