Avalon Air Tour Satellite Maps

Guest peterf

Hi Guys, I couldn't find a thread for members going on the Avalon Air Tour, sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I'm going to Avalon again this year (can't resist the free tickets/camping for putting my plane on display). As part of flight planning, I've created a couple of reduced clutter maps from satellite images, runways, terrain, road etc... data. Basically like a WAC with satellite background and no text. The aim is to have information in the cockpit that shows where the large unlandable tree'd areas are so I can better plan diversions (which seems to happen often enough on long trips). The images are higher detailed versions of the images used on our trip planning program http://srfc.org.au/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=33 The attached image shows the area covered. The maps are large images 1500x2000 designed to be printed on A4 color printer. Unfortunately to get the detail, each image is 14Meg. Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting a copy for your own use, reply to this post. I can make them available on the SRFC site. Cheers, Peter

VictoriaWide.jpg.c301be9fbf896a75c1843d40715237db.jpg