Throttle cable dismantling

Guest rocketdriver

Guest rocketdriver

Does anyone know how to dismantle a push/pull knob type throttle assembly? Its similar to those you find in Cessnas and Pipers.

I am replacing the panel on one of our KR2 a/c and have to take the throttle assembly out. I've got the knob off, and I've got the thing dismounted from the panel, but the panel hole is too small to allow the remaining fitting to pass through. This fitting has spanner flats on it, but when you try to turn it, the whole cable twists ...... does this fitting in fact screw off or do I have to take the other end off the carburettor and remove the lot?

I have a similar problem with the choke cable with the knob not wanting to come off the cable .....

TIA

RD

Guest Maj Millard

Rocket, Generally they tend to be a throw-away item in the industry, you don't see too many people pulling them apart. Can't give you any pointers there...................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest rocketdriver

Hi Maj ... thanks for that ... I had another look last night and discovered that I could use the friction nut to lock the cable and then the last fitting unscrewed nicely .... Now for the choke cable. Last night I looked to see if I could remove it at the carby end ..no such luck, can't be done without destroying the cable .....