Finally converted to 3 axis

Falaris

Hello all,

I've been loving finding any excuse to get into the air for quite a few years now, started hang gliding in the early 90's then did quite alot of paragliding, but trying to tell your partener that sitting on top of a hill waiting for the conditions to come 'on' isn't wasting your weekend started to get a bit repetative. So I finally learnt how to fly in a Jabiru 170, and have had a good time doing it. However the expence of hiring a plane that you don't really fit in (I'm 6'7") did detract from the experience. So I started to look for an aircraft of my own that I fit in and did what I wanted it to do, I flew in the carbon cub at Aldinga in SA and loved it, low and slow with the doors open and can land just about anywhere, but I can't afford one of those. Last Easter at Natfly the guys from Alpine Aviation in Vic. introduced me to the Just Highlander, a side by side high wing that performs like I remember the cub doing, so now I've got myself a kit and am about to start building it. With 2 toddlers and another on the way it could be a mammoth undertaking but I'm willing. I probably need to join a builders forum for the million tips that are out there. Never to proud to accept help.

Wish me luck.

Hey mate, awesome to hear!

My instructor sells the Highlander (could have been your salesperson at Natfly!).

Not a bad machine at all I reckon, hope you enjoy it.