Bundaberg Floods

Guest Kevin the Penniless

Anybody know if the Jabiru factory has escaped the floods at Bundaberg? The club I fly with have a new plane there that is due for pickup within weeks.

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Kev, I just tried to google it real time...(I'm not too savy at IT).........maybe somebody out there in Forumland or up near Bundy could post a real time map please.

Just as well my girl is only on their books and not in production............I hope yours is "High and Dry"...............or do a retrofit of floats!!!

Be down your way soon at Gawler, would love to catch up.................Fly and Kep Safe for the New Year

Cheers Alley

There is nearly always a bunch of us chin wagging in the clubrooms on a Saturday and Wednesday. As these are mainly training days at Gawler us 'licenced folk' sit and judge/talk about others etc over coffee, cake. I'll probably be seen at Renmark from time to time as I have caught up with an old friend that lives close by and I have promised to make a flying visit.

Wouldn't call CASA as it is not their responsibility to keep airports open and/or report defects... I'd be calling the operator - that should be the local Council. Or phone AWIS on 07 4155 1858 and it might contain relevant info. The river is a long way from the airfield however... good luck.

From memory at bit of a climb from motel to airport. Waving cursor around on google earth shows airport at 90 - 115 ft, fields by river at 15 - 30 ft and town at 40 - 60 ft.

Google probably gets it elevation from something like the 3 second DEM laser and interpolates so town part may show higher with rooftops, waving around the YMML terminal will show this

For Bundy or anywhere else info go to Airservices site and look at the Notams.

Currently the bitumen runway at Bundy is available, so Jabiru factory will not be flooded.

Rocky is closed except to emergency traffic.