Don't you just love these modern jets!!

flying dog

If anyone knows the Sydney layout I live in the inner west. About 10k out of the city.

Just recently I have noticed some A380s taking off over my place.

Ok, that's nothing new, but the altitude - or lack there of!

037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

I can swear that they would be not much over 2,000 feet AMSL. They are LOW! and the only reason I know they are there is because I see them. They are quiet as.......

When you hear some jets taking off they have the "balls to the wall" and they are climbing like nobody's business.

These A380s are just on a slow climb and the engines are hardly ticking over.

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Yeah, I guess it is a "de-rated takeoff" (is that the right term?) but wow are is it amazing.

You look up and can count the number of people looking out the window back at you.

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Fantastic!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I watched an Emirate A380 climbing out when i was coming down Parramatta rd today. big squattish looking thing. It's size and bulk can make estimates of height and speed harder to call.

Big Fan engines are seem to be quieter than smaller ones. Emirate's A380s have the P&W version of the two available . No problems with them so far.

Well, yes they are BIG ozzie, but as I get 747's and all other sorts of planes taking off right over my place, I kind of know the normal height at which they are.

When the jumbos are that low they are quite-ish too but WOW those 380's......

You can usually tell the 380's by the wing depth/size. Front to back is more than the 74's.

And if you get a real close look I guess you could inspect the wheel doors.

The 340's I think have that "extra" middle wheel at the back/main set of wheels in the middle of the plane.