Radio Tech

Skip

Could anyone who is a rad tech or good as that I could fly to from Collinsville and check my radio out as I am having what I reckon is small but annoying problems but hard to explain. If I took it and let someone check it out it would be easier than me trying to explain it. Please if anyone could help it would be great but will have to wait till after Yasi is finished

Skip

Guest Maj Millard

Skip, The best radio man around operates out of Mackay by name Col Stevens.( Mackay avionocs) He comes to Shute harbor every couple of weeks and does work on the Air Whitsunday fleet for us. To him it would probabily be a small problem, that he would probabily solve quickly. After we get done with Yasi I may be able to keep you informed of his movements if you like..............................................Ross

Guest Kevin the Penniless

I completed an apprenticeship as a radio tradesman in the seventies. VHF radio used in aircraft is actually quite simple because they use AM (amplitude modulation) and fairly basic circuitry. While not having much to do with electronics for a good many years (moved into computer prgramming) I have found the few faults I have delt with in aircraft seem to be either the intercom system or crappy power supply (poorly filtered or low voltage). Anyway, if/when you get it fixed please do tell us the fault and what was done to fix it so we may learn from (and perhaps worship) you.