RA-Aus Glider Towing Endorsements - Western Australia

sseeker

Does anyone know any instructors that do gliding towing endorsements in WA? I've heard of one guy that has a J230 that is glider towing approved and sometimes tows at Narrogin although I'm unsure if he's an instructor and I don't know his contact information.

-Andrew

Don't have the info you request but give Dennis Gorton (grandfather of gliding @ Narrogin) a call on 9356 1620. He can give you Helmut's contact details. Cheers Riley

Nope. Helmut (I think) is the geezer who installed the hook on his Jab down at Narrogin and did a bit of trial towing in an excercise to evaluate whether the old GA regoed tug could be retired. Don't know what the outcome was and don't know what his instructor capabilities are. Mr Gorton could answer all your queries. cheers

Does anyone know any instructors that do gliding towing endorsements in WA? I've heard of one guy that has a J230 that is glider towing approved and sometimes tows at Narrogin although I'm unsure if he's an instructor and I don't know his contact information.-Andrew

That one guy with the J230 was Hilmer Geissler. Unfortunately Hilmer died last Wednesday (March / 09). If anybody who knew Hilmer and wishes to attend the funeral announcement is:

"Hilmer's funeral is scheduled to take place in the West Chapel at Fremantle Cemetery at 11:00 AM on Tuesday 15th of March; the cemetery is on the corner of Leach Highway & Carrington Street and the entrance is off Carrington Street."

Hilmer did tow some singles a few times. The J230 was just powerfull enough with a decent runway. It would not tow a dual though.

There are two people in WA that can endorse a license (PPL or CPL) for towing. I have the names but rather than me giving them out it is better if you contact WAGA. If you have not yet done so you should read the [/url]Aerotowing Manual.

Hi,

It's a shame, I send my condolences to Hilmer's family and friends.

Exadios those two people are only qualified to sign off GA licences?

Regards,

Andrew

Hi,It's a shame, I send my condolences to Hilmer's family and friends.

Exadios those two people are only qualified to sign off GA licences?

Regards,

Andrew

Yes, as I understand it, there are only two people. But, as I suggested before, it would be better for you to contact WAGA. They are the authoritative source in this regard and my information may be out of date.