First Post

Guest Ullacz

Guest Ullacz

Hi all,

I'm an international visitor to the Forum. I am an englishman, living in Prague in the Czech republic, about to marry a beautiful Australian girl (in Melbourne in July) and will within the next 5 years be re-locating to the sunburnt country. I am currently taking my Ulla (ultralight Licence MTOW 450kg) here in the Czech Rep. I am training an Atec Zephyr 2000 which i am informed are flying in small numbers in Australia. It's nice to see so many recreational flyers out there and is somewhat of a relief to see how well supported the activity is. It is a bit of a dream of mine to fly out there so these forums are ideal for me to learn about the australian rules and regs and of course the best places to fly!

Many thanks!

Welcome aboard Scott,

As you said, this is a great site for exchanging information and picking up the latest news and views. I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Best of luck with the training - you will love every moment of it if you are anything like most of us here. I am a relative newbie as well, both to this site and to RAA flying.

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that delightful little aircraft you are learning on ( there is a forum for various popular aircraft and also one for the minority group such as the Atec.) and also would be interested to hear about flying and aviation in general in Czech, as there seems to be a lot of interesting aircraft coming out of there recently.

all the best - Kirk

Guest Ullacz

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the welcome. Ultralight flying seems to be big here in the Czech Republic, i was origionaly going to go for my PPLa, but with the difference in cost and my usage i figured Ultralights were the way forward. My only experience prior to the Atec was Dehaviland chipmunks when i was an aircadet many years ago, and they were like flying a shed compared to the Zephyr. As i gain more experience and increase my hours i hope to be able to give you more of an informed description of the aircraft and general flying experience. Once i qualify i have the option to retrain in a LK-2 “Sluka” single seat UL, and as this is a half the price of the zephyr i will probably build up most of my hours in that. But 1st things 1st, get the license.....

for info, the school i'm training at is www.flyforfun.cz this has an english section and lots of links so you can get a feel for flying in CZ.

Will post again in a new thread when i have more.

Cheers and thanks again.