gecko__

Hi everyone, I've recently started my RA-Aus Certificate training, 5 lessons down. Im training in an Evektor Sportstar in Perth. I was wondering where I could find information about aviation events in and around Perth. Thanks

Guest davidh10

Hi Gecko. Welcome to the forums.

As you have 5 lessons under your belt, you will be a member of RAA by now. There's an event calendar in the magazine, which you will receive. Additionally there is an event calendar on this site and I'm sure some Perth based members will pop up with some additional local sources.

Hope you are enjoying the lessons.

G'day Gecko and welcome,

Over here in the West there are not that many events to attend, and most are word of mouth advertised. The best way I have found is to form a network of people so you can find out that way. This forum is a good place to start with forming friendships - even if you never meet face to face. Some of the members here from WA are Riley, Sseeker, MagNetoDrop, (well something like that anyway:big_grin:) and exadios (he's into gliders).

Another way is to visit the various clubs/schools around. You could try Bindoon, Wyalkatchem or here http://www.microlight.com.au/events.htm

Cheers,

Pud

Hi Gecko. Welcome to the forums.As you have 5 lessons under your belt, you will be a member of RAA by now. There's an event calendar in the magazine, which you will receive. Additionally there is an event calendar on this site and I'm sure some Perth based members will pop up with some additional local sources.

Hope you are enjoying the lessons.

Thanks for the info David, yes im a RAA member now and have just received the member pack and magazine. Is the magazine a monthly subscription?

G'day Gecko and welcome,Over here in the West there are not that many events to attend, and most are word of mouth advertised. The best way I have found is to form a network of people so you can find out that way. This forum is a good place to start with forming friendships - even if you never meet face to face. Some of the members here from WA are Riley, Sseeker, MagNetoDrop, (well something like that anyway:big_grin:) and exadios (he's into gliders).

Another way is to visit the various clubs/schools around. You could try Bindoon, Wyalkatchem or here http://www.microlight.com.au/events.htm

Cheers,

Pud

Hi Pud, Thanks to you too. I recall going to an Airshow at Pearce Air base years ago, do you know if it still happens?

Hi Pud, Thanks to you too. I recall going to an Airshow at Pearce Air base years ago, do you know if it still happens?

There has not been an airshow at Pearce for some years now if I recall correctly. I generally get my kicks from the Red Bull Air Race, but that is in doubt now - bummer eh? There was an airshow at Cunderdin which was going to be held every couple of years in conjunction with Busselton, or so I believe. I went to one at Cunderdin, and then the next one in Busselton but I think it's died as well.

Pud

Guest davidh10
Thanks for the info David, yes im a RAA member now and have just received the member pack and magazine. Is the magazine a monthly subscription?

Subscription is part of the RAA Membership. I think it is monthly, except over Christmas, when a combined two month issue appears in Feb. In explanation, I'm not at home at the moment, so cannot check back issues in the magazine rack.