Question: Magazine subscription & on-line ERC

Hi all - Can anyone tell me if the magazine is free ongoing or do you have to pay for it after 12 month?? I am a member.

More importantly can anyone tell me how to view an ERC low chart on line before I buy it. I don't want to buy one sight unseen

but the online shops only seem to show the area but not an enlarged view??

Post moved to its own thread by Moderator

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Hi DoubleB, as far as I am aware, the mag subscription is included in members fee's each year. :cheezy grin:and your 2nd question is a good one, I'm sure someone on here will answer that for you soon.

Guest davidh10
Hi all - Can anyone tell me if the magazine is free ongoing or do you have to pay for it after 12 month?? I am a member.

It is included with membership, so you will continue to received it while you remain a member.

More importantly can anyone tell me how to view an ERC low chart on line before I buy it. I don't want to buy one sight unseen

All the maps are sold or licensed by Airservices Australia, so I suspect you cannot view it on-line in a form that is usable.

I'd suggest looking at one at your local flight training facility. The CFI may even give you an expired one, which is fine for ground school purposes, but not legal for planning an actual flight.

I bought Airnav VFR and subscribe to the 6 monthly map updates. That way I have a full set of current PCA, WAC, VNC, VTC and ERC-L for the area I need. It works out more cost effectively than buying paper maps, and I am thus licensed to print map sections for my flight plans. Thus I can draw and write on them and then just print again for another flight.

PS. Last time I looked maps were under $10ea, so buying one sight unseen isn't a big risk :-)

Guest davidh10
Hi David, Thanks for the advice regarding the charts. I guess my next question would be "Has anyone got their May magazine yet"?

No. It's absence has been the subject of discussion in another thread. If you haven't found it already, see this announcement.

Hi all - Can anyone tell me if the magazine is free ongoing or do you have to pay for it after 12 month?? I am a member.More importantly can anyone tell me how to view an ERC low chart on line before I buy it. I don't want to buy one sight unseen

There used to be an on-line version of VTC's etc, but I have not been able to find them latley :(