Autogyro over Yamba beach...

River

063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Whilst on a visit to Yamba and having lunch near the lighthouse at Yamba, northern NSW last Thursday July 21st I heard a Ultralight engine sound but for the love-of-money I could not find the aircraft... Then after looking out a sea I noted a autogyro flying south and took this shot of the aircraft as it was flying around the southern outcrop on Yamba beach.

AG2.jpg.0f090ba5053a53f87dbf45d6fd0e57cd.jpg

I enlarge the Autogyro which is just a speck using 'photoshop' and this was the result. looked like a nice ship and the pilot enjoying a nice though breezy day.

AG1.jpg.01c37dcb19449e879bd432538155f002.jpg

Cheers gang,

River

Very nice photo, and just for interest what camera were you using? Love the clarity of the zoomed up gyro from so far away!

Very nice photo, and just for interest what camera were you using? Love the clarity of the zoomed up gyro from so far away!

Hi Tomo,

Even I was a very surprised of the zoom results. The camera was only my 'quick shoot' camera as I have a high quality camera too but I left it back home.

Its a Panasonic DMC-TZ10 with a x12 optical zoom, and I have it set to Shutter Priority at 1/500 sec. and use one of those small three-legged ball-jointed all along each leg (plastic) tri-pods. Plus I fired the shot/s using the 2 sec. shutter release timer. The tri-pod is only about 150mm tall and I rested the unit on the car top. Does it's job very well indeed.

Its quite interesting to compare two photos taken of the same scene if one is taken hand held and the other with a tri-pod. The sharpness quality of the tri-pod and shutter-timer release is impressive.

:thumb_up:

Cheers,

River

Guest Jake.f

Not sure if that is the actual aircraft but somewhere around there uses Gyros for a coast watch and shark watch type thing, I've seen one over Wooli before.

Great photo though!