Newbie question

Monk

I got the fuel flow problem fixed from my previous post. Now the primer pump leaks when its hanging down, but when its upright it does not leak. Now for my questions...What is the proper starting procedure in detail? I have a Phantom with an MZ-201 motor. Is the electric fuel pump supposed to always be on? How hard should it be to start with the pull start? Its hard to pull but the electric start turns engine over fine.

Guest davidh10
I got the fuel flow problem fixed from my previous post. Now the primer pump leaks when its hanging down, but when its upright it does not leak. Now for my questions...What is the proper starting procedure in detail? I have a Phantom with an MZ-201 motor. Is the electric fuel pump supposed to always be on? How hard should it be to start with the pull start? Its hard to pull but the electric start turns engine over fine.

Suggest you refer to the manual, which should contain starting procedures. This looks like the manufacturer's home site and there's a manuals section.

Just a friendly word of caution. From your questions, you seem to be dangerously short on practical knowledge, so for your own safety, please have your aircraft inspected by someone qualified before trying to fly it. You haven't mentioned whether you hold a Pilot Certificate, but ask your flying school CFI. S/he may be qualified to inspect or could perhaps recommend someone.

While there's plenty of people willing to help with answers to questions, here, nobody has a full picture or can offer any surety that things are all right or safe.

Guest davidh10
Thanks David for the help! I do not hold any type of aircraft certificate. I am located near Toledo Ohio if anyone here can offer inspection/ classes.

Ok. I'm not familiar with the USA and I do know that the aviation laws are different to Australia.

One possibility may be the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). They put on one of the biggest airshows, anywhere, called Oshkosh. Several members of this site (from Australia) have just returned from the event. It covers all types from experimental single seaters and ultralights up through the heavy metal. (just Google Oshkosh to find plenty of YouTube clips) They have sections on their web site for "Learn to Fly" and "Home Builders". There's lots of resources and I'm sure if you contacted them, they could help point you in the right direction for getting lessons and probably also how to get your aircraft inspected.