Foxbat A22LS

Chad

Hi all,

I have a new Foxbat which I flew home from Redcliffe to Atherton in February 2011. Bit of a tough trip home due to weather, but managed to get it home to my Hanger at Atherton Airport on the beautiful Atherton Tablelands. I now have 90 hours on it, and fly every weekend weather permitting. It has yoke control and the Dynon D180 screen. I fitted a fuel flow transducer and wired it into the Dynon. Works great. If any Foxbat owners out there have the annoying brake rattle when tasting, let me know and I'll send you a photo of a quick fix. The Dynon won't retain the clock setting. I have to reset at each startup. Is this normal?

How do I put my photo in 'my profile'?

Regards

Chad

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Jake. I'm using an IPad, and it won't let me upload photos. I'll get on my PC and send you the photo of the brake rattle fix. Also, does the clock on the D180 in your training machine keep time after switch off and back on?

Regards

Chad

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,I have a new Foxbat which I flew home from Redcliffe to Atherton in February 2011. Bit of a tough trip home due to weather, but managed to get it home to my Hanger at Atherton Airport on the beautiful Atherton Tablelands. I now have 90 hours on it, and fly every weekend weather permitting. It has yoke control and the Dynon D180 screen. I fitted a fuel flow transducer and wired it into the Dynon. Works great. If any Foxbat owners out there have the annoying brake rattle when tasting, let me know and I'll send you a photo of a quick fix. The Dynon won't retain the clock setting. I have to reset at each startup. Is this normal?

How do I put my photo in 'my profile'?

Regards

Chad

Hi Chad,

I have a Foxbat A22LS with 33 hours on it. Haven't flown as much as you but enjoy it immensely. I am based in Sale in Victoria. I would love to do something about the rattle from the brake callipers. Thanks again.

Anamitra

Hi Chad,I have a Foxbat A22LS with 33 hours on it. Haven't flown as much as you but enjoy it immensely. I am based in Sale in Victoria. I would love to do something about the rattle from the brake callipers. Thanks again.

Anamitra

Hi all,

Nearly 200hrs on my A22L. Operate it from my 275m home strip. The brake rattle is harmless if annoying. A slight pressure on the hand lever takes up the slack and eliminates the rattle while taxiing. You probably knew this but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the response Jake. I'm using an IPad, and it won't let me upload photos. I'll get on my PC and send you the photo of the brake rattle fix. Also, does the clock on the D180 in your training machine keep time after switch off and back on?Regards

Chad

Perhaps you could share the brake rattle fix with all the Forumites?

Hi Eightyknots,

I,m having trouble loading the photo of the brake rattle fix- I get the message it is too big to upload, yet I have made it small as. Any ideas?

Chad

Hi Chad, I only know the process using Microsoft's Picture Manager program. The steps are:

1. Using the right-click "open with" function, open your picture with Microsoft Office's Picture Manager;

2. Click on the "Tools" function;

3. You now select "Resize" and, using the "Resize settings" on the right side of the screen, click on "Predefined Width x Height".

4. From the options available, choose the "640 x 444" also known as the "Web large" setting.

5. Save this picture with a different name.

6. Exit the Picture Manager program.

7. Upload the picture to recreational flying.

I have just done this with a picture I downloaded from airliners.net to demonstrate that it works.

I hope it works well for you.

1965501502_SavannahSfromAirliners640x444.jpg.4ff4333f18802cee16a842ca19ee6075.jpg