[Sat 15th Oct 2011] Perth - Langley Park fly-in 15 & 16 October (6000)

Guest iPilot

I will be attending but only as a visitor this time. Have flown in to Langley Park three times in the past, once when I had a Beech Sundowner and twice when I had the Beech Debonair. Now that I'm retired, the Beech's are long gone but I have just commenced building a Morgan Sierra 100 so maybe I'll get to fly in to "Langley Field" again sometime in the future. It's a fabulous experience! John.

Went along early and watched the arrivals from 9:30 onwards. Good turnout, RV's seem very popular :) I realised once I got there that I forgot my camera on the table at home, spewin.... Anyway got some shots on my phone sorry about the quality just thought I'd share.

Enjoy.....

I spent most of Saturday there and caught up with several people I haven't seen since I retired (eight years ago). Matt Hall put on a great show but they put him on first which made the rest of the show look a little flat. There were some great aircraft there including a Waco, Stinson Reliant, Pietenpol and a flying Sopwith Pup complete with rotary engine. Recreational aircraft (19 rego's etc) were not represented at all ... quite disappointing! If flight over built up areas was the issue, they could have got around that by flying coastal from Serpentine, then along the Swan river to Langley Park. I think there may have been a touch of ego in the decision to exclude the non VH registered aircraft.

It's a pity CASA wouldn't let the glider fly in eh?Pud

Gliders have flown in for past Langley events. I'm not sure what the issues where this time.

I'm not sure that I would like to fly a glider over the Perth metroplex myself. The lack of landing out opportunities must be very noticable. Of course given that the fan at the front may stop at any time and the height restrictions that apply I would have the same nervousness with flying a SLA to Langely. :-):