Tweetie hangglider , Scout predecessor

Guest Deon

Hi Guys ,

I am looking for more info about the Tweetie hangglider .I am sure there is still dust covered Tweeties hanging in garages all over Australia .I need 3-view drawings , photos ,anything about the glider please .If someone has the contact details of Mr. Ron Wheeler , the designer ,maybe his e-mail because I live in Canada so e-mail is the best way to communicate .I am at this moment building a 1920 Pelzner glider look-alike .If I am done with this I would like to build a Tweetie .

Thank you

Deon

I'll dig thru my stuff and see what i have on the Tweetie, I think the only photo i have is in an early "TASSA" mag.

I saw two Tweeties fly, one resulted in a fatality when ditched off Forester Beach on the NSW Central Coast.

In 1976 their performance was already being exceeded by the new higher nose angled hang gliders.

Ron does not do email. But i can send you his contact details when i get back to Sydney monday night.

ozzie

I'll dig thru my stuff and see what i have on the Tweetie, I think the only photo i have is in an early "TASSA" mag.I saw two Tweeties fly, one resulted in a fatality when ditched off Forester Beach on the NSW Central Coast.

In 1976 their performance was already being exceeded by the new higher nose angled hang gliders.

Ron does not do email. But i can send you his contact details when i get back to Sydney monday night.

ozzie

Hi Ozzie ,

Thank you very much for your reply . I will appreciate any help with this project .Yes , you know every aircraft has its own limits and the safety margen of some craft is less than others .A long time ago I had a hanggliding school and we used Rogallos for training and put the student after he master the Rogallo on more advanced gliders . People used to say Rogallos are so dangerous , but in my life-time I had my share of Rogallo flying with no serious after effects .If you know the limits of your craft and your own limitations , then you can fly any craft safely with a bit of practice .I think the same apply to the Tweetie gliders .My interest in the old gliders is not performance , but historically to try and keep great ideas alive .It wil be great if you can get me the snailmail contact for Ron Wheeler .I would love to write to him .

Best regarts

Deon