Just Arrived

Guest jabgrl

Guest jabgrl

Hi I'm BrentC's significant other, I sometimes travel in the J400 to places such as the surfy club shops at Torquay and to the parent in laws down in Sale. I don't really like flying much. 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif I don't really like flying when it is windy or bumpy because I stress that the wings might fall off or the new propeller might stop turning.

Guest Emma Masters

Hey There Jabgrl...WELCOME!

I was bought up in Sale :)...

I don't enjoy flying that much either 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif ..Unless off course im going on a Holiday 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif, thats why i stick to staying on the Airfiled and my husband can fly where ever he chooses..Hopefully one day you can come out to the Oaks Airfield and you can experience the fun that us gals have out there :)

Take Care

PILOT'S WIVES RULE!!

Guest Marilyn C

welcome!Jabgirl

I think we are all like that a little scared sometimes, I am always glad when my hubby arrives back on the soil, we are a great support on this sight:):)

I look forward to seeing you one day at the Oaks:clap:

Take care

Marilyn C

Guest danda

Hi jabgirl its great to see the better halves getting involved 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif I hope you have as much joy in this forum as we do.

Don

Hey Jabgrl, Welcome!

When my husband, Matt, first started flying (in a Gazelle and Point Cook) I was quite hesitant, but I've found over the years that you don't have to know how to fly, but if you understand what everything does and means then you can understand what's happening in turbulance and it's not as scary (most of the time, sometimes I still wonder why the wings haven't fallen off yet...).

If you get the chance, go for a fly in a low wing aircraft. Stupidly I have always enjoyed having the wings underneath me (like holding me up) instead of on top (makes me feel like I'm hanging)... a strange way to look at it but it works for me!!;)

One area you can really benefit from if you start to enjoy flying more is food. If Matt wants to go flying, I'm happy as long as I get lunch somewhere along the way! Win Win!;)

Guest jabgrl

Hi Kaz,

Well I have actually flown in a Cirrus, and I really didn't feel as if the wings were holding me up at all, if anything I found it more bumpy than the Jabiru. But I don't know maybe it was just the day.

I'm sure I will eventually like flying again, but having hung around Tooradin for such a long time, I've heard so many things that make me wonder.

Thanks for the advice though

**Jabgrl**

Guest brentc

The trouble is that the Cirrus goes so much faster than the Jab that the bumps are much sharper and harsher. When you're zooming in at 200 knots things happen fast and bumpy and you don't want to go any slower coz at $250 per hour you want value for money! Perhaps that's the problem and why it's not enjoyable :-) I'll go slower in the future.

Guest Kerry

Hi Jabgirl...when I first started flying with Chris in a Piper tomahawk, it was a little exciting, to say the least!! But when I learnt about how safe flying is compared to driving a car,for instance, I quickly relaxed and found that I actually loved flying small aircraft! We have been flying Jabs since we moved to Ballarat, and they are a bit flighty, but lots of fun!

I guess hitting a few bumps on the road are less scary than a few in the air!!

Haha, I thought my theory about being above the wings was a bit strange! At least in a Cirrus you are there quicker so the bumps go past faster... :;)4: ??