Circuits in the Gazelle...

Guest pookemon

Guest pookemon

Last Thursday was a fairly horrid day to be out and about (hot, gusty, strong x wind) - but I gave it a go anyway. Did two circuits then decided my spine had had enough. :/ Here's a vid with the interesting bits...

The last time I flew in hot conditions I hit a few air pockets that felt exactly the same as driving ones car at 100kph into a gutter. The stress on the plane must have been one million g's. Nowadays, I stay on the ground when it's hot, gusty or otherwise crappy and watch others fly while I have a beer or two. (or coffee if it's not beer drinking weather).

The last time I flew in hot conditions I hit a few air pockets that felt exactly the same as driving ones car at 100kph into a gutter. The stress on the plane must have been one million g's. Nowadays, I stay on the ground when it's hot, gusty or otherwise crappy and watch others fly while I have a beer or two. (or coffee if it's not beer drinking weather).

Does that mean that when you drove your car at 100kph into a gutter it felt exactly the same as flying at Gawler in hot conditions 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

I could agree with that.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

Guest pookemon

Yeah well - it's all good practise. At least in the heat the Gazelle will climb if you can find a thermal. Getting +700ft/min when you're set for cruise on downwind is interesting. Beats being at work though! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Guest pookemon
That's Ballarat? Or are all airstrips looking the same these days?When you start at 1500ft climb rate isn't helped in any way at all ;)

Cheers

Greg

Yep - YBLT runway 18. Wind was 10-15kt from 120. AWS is reporting 15kt from 120 this morning - and I'm booked for this afternoon. (And 13/31 is closed until the weekend). That's Ballarat for you.