Buying a Chinook

Hi All,

Well I've found an aircraft that suits my needs now and into the near future, may decide to upgrade to a two seater T500 or X-Air in a while but just wanting to get back into the air. Have found a Chinook WT-11 out near Orange that I'm quite keen on and am looking at making an offer, the current owner bought the aircraft with the intention of flying it but apparently did not like the smaller a/c and prefers conventional G/A aircraft and has decided to part with it. It is very dusty and the log book shows it last flew about 4 or 5 years ago. At one stage it suffered a forced landing but the only damage was a bend in one of the landing legs which the owner has since repaired. It is without an engine and has mounting bolts for a 377 but was originally fitted with a 277 (Which I have found I can get if needs be - Rotax 277 that is). Just wondering as I'm a G/A flyer converting what I should look for specifically and if there would be an engineer or someone I could get to look over the aircraft to give me an idea of any potential problems. Please give me your advice, I'm hoping to go back to the owner in the next week or so, whether it be asking if I can have an engineer look at it or an offer.

Guest Fred Bear

Check your PM mate. You and I are probably going to be in the same boat when it comes to aircraft being kept at The Oaks.It is possible.I have PM'ed you the details :)

Can anyone tell me what level of engineer I should get to do an inspection on the aircraft I'm looking at, I'm quite happy with everything so far but want an engineer to look at it, I think the RAA site has L3's listed, are they suitable to do a pre-purchase for me? Also how can I find out how much life might be left in the skins of the plane?