Qld Floods

Tomo

While we sit here dry as chips and irrigating crops so they don't pull the pin, further west are just about floating away!

St George town people have now been ordered to evacuate as it's river continues to rise to ridiculous levels. The only road left out of town is expected to close tonight due water, so all systems go while you can get out.

The ADF have 8 Helicopters and a Herc C130 operating. (4 Blackhawk's and 4 Kiowa's)

Here's the latest news article - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/evacuations-begin-in-st-george-as-roma-and-mitchell-mop-up-from-floodwaters/story-e6frg6nf-1226263011989

I'll probably head out there during the week taking some friends to have a look at their property that could very well be a lake, so should have some photos then I would imagine.

Just unreal the amount of water coming down that river.

While we sit here dry as chips and irrigating crops so they don't pull the pin, further west are just about floating away!St George town people have now been ordered to evacuate as it's river continues to rise to ridiculous levels. The only road left out of town is expected to close tonight due water, so all systems go while you can get out.

The ADF have 8 Helicopters and a Herc C130 operating. (4 Blackhawk's and 4 Kiowa's)

Here's the latest news article - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/evacuations-begin-in-st-george-as-roma-and-mitchell-mop-up-from-floodwaters/story-e6frg6nf-1226263011989

I'll probably head out there during the week taking some friends to have a look at their property that could very well be a lake, so should have some photos then I would imagine.

Just unreal the amount of water coming down that river.

Thanks for the update Tomo.

I spent a little time in St George a decade or 2 ago when my brother lived there. I remember it was rather wet then as well when we needed to load his furniture onto a trailer at a station called Lower Plains. My ute and trailer had to be towed through by tractor to be loaded at the house, then towed out again to where we were staying at another station called Ardrossan - you may know these places.

I'm feeling for all those people at the moment, we can only imagine, given I come from a very dry part of the WA wheatbelt where I can only remember one flood event in 40+ years - and that only in a relatively small area.

I hope everyone stays safe.

Pud