Does anyone know about the time when GYFTS is released?

HeadInTheClouds

G'day Jake, I'm not sure who is looking after this now, Dr Carrol Richards used to, but she isn't there anymore.

Might be easier just to ring RA-Aus, that way you get an answer right away, I haven't had much luck with email to RAA in the past.

• Like 1

Called them today and they don't come out until near Easter apparently....

I'm starting to feel like I need to go flying again... Haven't been up since the 13th of January this year :( Just started uni so I barely have any time and I also don't have a job anymore so it's very hard.

Also there is no RAA school in Armidale (Where I now live) so GA is the only option (Expensive). I went for a drive over to the airport the other day and couldn't even see any Numbers registered aircraft around the place, some interesting looking Agricultural types though.

I think I will have just bite the expensive GA bullet and do a couple of hours sometime in a Warrior at the GA school here, mainly to keep kind of current but also I need to do something fun rather than the excessive amount of study I need to do with my degree.....

Guest Andys@coffs

Jake

Does GYFTS enable you to undertake GA training or is it RAA only (I would have pressumed the later) If so how does that help in your current circumstances.....

Andy

P.S what degree are you doing at Armidale....

Guest Andys@coffs

Maybe you can talk mr jellife (sp?) into doing a cross country into armidale with another student, taking you for a lesson while they plan the next leg on the ground and then taking the other student back via X...... Is there a flying club at the Uni?

Maybe you can talk mr jellife (sp?) into doing a cross country into armidale with another student, taking you for a lesson while they plan the next leg on the ground and then taking the other student back via X...... Is there a flying club at the Uni?

That could be possible...

No flying club at the uni.... Yet.. I might try and start one though!!