Subaru conversion

RickH

Hey Guys

I have an EJ20 fuel injected subaru engine which I am in the process of converting for aircraft use and so far have the pullies and prophub sorted. I need to do some CAD drawings for the adapter plate for the bell housing. Is there anybody out there who may have copies of bell housing drawings with the dimensions of the housing showing the dimensional relationships between the locating holes and the crankshaft centre. I alos have an EA81 engine and drawings of this would also be helpfull. In return I am willing to share the results of my work.

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Regards

RickH

Don't know a lot about the belt drive ones but the "terrier" aircraft have a tooth belt set-up for the redrive. They may supply details. The EJ 20 is the camshaft motor is it not?. If so I've only experience of a very complex mechanical drive with a slip over-run feature, made in the states for that engine. Cobra used Subaru's with belt Drive . (Don't know if they are still being produced.)..Nev

cheers Nev

not sure what you mean by"the camshaft motor", they all have them (obviously not two stroke) EA20 is twin overhead cam if that is what you mean. Will try Terrier but am not hopefull as they probably just want to sell me a complete set up. Commercial organisations not usually helpfull to perceived competition.

Regards RickH

That is the usual reference to the OHC motor. Haven't seen one of those used "straight". They modify them back a bit from peak power with different heads, for aircraft use. They are not light., and the exhaust plumbing gets in the way of the nose gear structure (if fitted). Very smooth and quiet though in the Terrier. Good luck. Nev