Fun with Fog

Guest davidh10

Guest davidh10

A fog bank made a good photographic opportunity, as it was lifting and breaking up. At the end of the clip, I was able to capture the shadow of my aircraft in two concentric rainbows on the top surface of the low cloud.

* The entire flight was conducted in VMC.

A fog bank made a good photographic opportunity, as it was lifting and breaking up. At the end of the clip, I was able to capture the shadow of my aircraft in two concentric rainbows on the top surface of the low cloud.* The entire flight was conducted in VMC.

And that, Boys and Girls, is why we fly...

Fanbl00dytastic David:clap:

Now I can't wait for thos crisp, cold, still winter mornings when the fog fills the valleys/depressions, and the sun starts to burn the fog off. Spectacular flying with plenty of photo opportunities.

Thanks David,

Pud

I'll never forget my high school science teacher telling us about flying back over the channel after a sortie and how the rainbows weren't arches, but were full circles. Ever since then, I've wanted to see it for myself. Now, courtesy of your video, I've got a bit of an idea. Thanks.

Still want to see it for myself though... 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif