T 300 prop

Guest Johnny B

Guest Johnny B

I am thinking of getting a prop made to suit my T300.Rotax 582 running an unusually high ratio gearbox for a thruster 3.47:1 Been recomended a 76 inch X 56 pitch prop.Anyone else run a 582 with that ratio?I don't want to change the gearbox if I can help it. Cheers.JB

I am thinking of getting a prop made to suit my T300.Rotax 582 running an unusually high ratio gearbox for a thruster 3.47:1 Been recomended a 76 inch X 56 pitch prop.Anyone else run a 582 with that ratio?I don't want to change the gearbox if I can help it. Cheers.JB

G'day JB,

That is an unusual ratio!! What type of gearbox is it - B, C or what? I was thinking you could replace the gear 'cogs' inside the box rather than get another box complete. Getting the cogs with the correct number of teeth should give you a gearing more to your liking. Might be an easier (cheaper?) solution then getting a propeller made.

Pud

Guest Johnny B
G'day JB,That is an unusual ratio!! What type of gearbox is it - B, C or what? I was thinking you could replace the gear 'cogs' inside the box rather than get another box complete. Getting the cogs with the correct number of teeth should give you a gearing more to your liking. Might be an easier (cheaper?) solution then getting a propeller made.

Pud

Hi Ian,

Not a drama getting one made.There is a company in NZ that does a beaut job in wooden props.Not much more than a brolga.The plane came minus a prop so I need to get one anyway.It's just that not being adjustable it needs to be right first time.A larger prop driven slow is generally a more efficient option.The P 51 Mustangs prop was driven at 1500 rpm.Must be ok for a Thruster then Ha Ha.