Rotax booster pump

themagus

Hi All,I wonder if anyone can tell me if an electric fuel pump fails ?will it still flow fuel.My setup is in a Wasp with a 912 100hp.Was thinking of putting a facet posi flow or interrupter type back up pump(max press 4psi).The Rotax manual does show a bypass around a booster pump but this complicates the plumbing if its not needed with these pumps (does have a cube facet at present,but its very noisy) Many Thxs

A positive displacement pump doesn't appeal to me, in this application . A centifugal type which just increases pressure would seem the better choice as it will bypass easily without involving any valves when it is not operating. Nev

Guest Maj Millard

The facet cube pumps do well and pass full fuel when off. 4 Psi is good, you don't need more or you will overpower the carb bowl floats. I previously had a german 'Peirburg' rotary pump fitted for a while, but about once an hour it would interupt fuel flow for a few seconds. On further research it appears that this pumps' rotor can stop in a position that may cause some restriction to flow, so a by-pass is recommended with a one-way check valve. Out came the Peirburg, and back in went the facet.

No dramas with the Facet, if yours is too noisy, relocate it. I do in fact like to hear mine as I know it's working....Rotax recommended fuel pressure supply range is 2.2si to 5.8psi, do not exceed..........................................Maj...

Guest Maj Millard

Your welcome....a good rule for fuel systems, keep them as simple as possible !!.....................Cheers Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif