Video: landing rylstone 8 june 2012 - includes cockpit audio

pilotdave69

Nice work, lovely landing. Out of interest, was that full flap? attitude out the front looked like 1 stage, 70kts approach?

Cool! I guess the camera is mounted higher than a persons head!

I do enjoy flying the J230, or J430 which I've done more in these days. That and the J120 are my two favourite Jabs

Tomo, yes camera is mounted slighty higher , always a good aspect though! I try and get the best perception!

The 230 is a great plane, i learnt in the 160, but only flown twice in 5 months.. Love the speed and stability. Longer wings is great for this plane!

I want to try the P2008 soon, or even the Bristell.. Ive heard both are fantastic.

It is a nice strip, I visited it last by car, my brother has a property a few kay's down the road. It will be good for the area if the development proposed does proceed.

It would be a good place for those living in Sydney who wanted to have a lifestyle block for a weekend getaway.

The people in the area a very friendly and there is a lot to see if you like to trek.

Rick-p

Guest Maj Millard

Rylstone, Or Rylstone-Kandos as we always called it back then, is a great spot for a weekend getaway. They used to have a nice little aero club there (still do ?), which I spent many happy evenings in. It was a great venue for the Sydney skydiving community in the 70s, and I believe at least one National championships was held there, in 72. I had done many memorable jumps there over the years, and remember the local Pubs, Golf clubs, and people of the area fondly. The golf clubs were used in lue of the pubs for evening meals, and socializing. It was great place to jump, and no doubt will be a great place to fly to...good to see that it hasn't been ploughed under.....................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

G'day mate,

Nice video thanks for posting. Rylstone sure looks like a nice airfield and lots of potential for improvement (clearly demarcated parking areas?).

One thing I noticed about your calls - and I don't know if it was a recording problem or not - you didn't broadcast that you're clear of the runway after rolling off.

Cheers,

OWI... glad you liked the video mate.. Will be very busy with the DA approvement of airpark.. oops,you are correct, i did forget of the vacate call of strip.. I was concentrating where to park , side of strip was wet. Luckily not a busy airport the day i flew. IM normally spot on with calls, first one missed.. good pick up.

Cheers

Rylstone had an article in Australian Flying an issue or two ago I thought? Looked like the place was very well maintained and welcoming to pilots. Someone was creating a proper flyaway destination if I remember right?