Hello, looking for info

Interested in learning more about trikes. Looking for instruction on the Treasure Coast between Juptier and Vero or at least a demo ride.

In addition:

1. What exactly is necessary in licensing and maintenance for a 2 passenger trike compared to a 103?

2. What is the transition time moving from a 1 to 2 passenger vehicle? My goal is to take my wife up, but I would at least like to get in the air before the end of summer.

3. I am surrounded by water, but also have access to a private landing strip. Would an amphibious trike be worth the added fuel & maintenance?

4. After doing some reading I like the following brands: Manta, Cygnet, Sky Cycle, North Wing & Maverick. Any pros and cons among brands?

Thanks!

Hi, where abouts are you intending to fly and learn from? This particular forum is mainly populated by Ozzie pilots and so i am largely unaware of the trike brands you mention (other than I've heard of the north Wing). The most common brand here is the Airborne trike and it is generally very good especially in 912 configuration. The 582 two strokes are pretty good too. For carrying passengers I recommend at least a 503 engined trike from any one of the major manufacturers listed below.

If its a four stroke your after then the brands I can recommend are the Airborne, Pegasus or of course the Revo by evolution I think the brand is known as.

Licensing involves around 15 hours dual training plus 5 hours of supervised solo to get the right to fly solo within 25nm of home base. Usually another 10 hours solo before you can apply for a passengers endorsement. Cross country endorsement is another 5 hours of instruction with an instructor.

As for an amphibious trike, I'm personally not a fan as they tend to sink if tipped over which is apparently quite easy to do.

Demo rides (tiffs) are pretty easy to find on the east coast of Australia especially in NSW.

Bluey.