GA C172 SOLO

Hey all,

Yesterday was another first, solo in C172 at Bathurst, after 2 years of flying Jab 230 and 160, have moved onto GA for my PPL.!

Basically a conversion ,after 3 hours instruction, instructor was happy to let me solo after completing relevant theory exams etc.!

It was a great day for it also, not a breath of air, pretty good day!

CW Flying at Bathurst now teach GA as well as RAA, using Bathurst Aeroclubs C172. A little different to the Jab, but fun all the same!

Dave

• Like 3

Easy aren't they! Once you get the hang of the speeds and where trim needs to be for each the old 172 is such an honest beauty. What model is it?

Well done!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, sure feels bigger and heavier! Tomo its a 172 p, 1999, 180 hp Fuel inj.. VH-BAC. I do agree, speeds, trim, never had to trim so much!! lol. Easier to land i think, Jabs so much lighter! Like them both for their own reasons! Mick, spacious all right.

• Like 1

Hope you get a chance to fly out of Canberra. Not sure of the situation there anymore with flight training schools. I completed mine in 2002. Controlled airspace and operating around RPT is a good experience. Nav ex's also included Bankstown.