Plane makes forced landing in Blue Mountains

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Rescue choppers been going crazy overhead our place this afternoon after this incident. Heard the event unfold on my ATC feed. Another fixed wing assisted in locating the downed aircraft and Westpac Rescue attended. They were informed to hover over the scene and later stood down to make way for the new CHC Rescue Bell 412. Typical! Never mind about helping those onboard. A good result this time with nil serious injury. A/c type and rego unknown at this stage.

May 15, 2007 - 4:54PM

Two people escaped injury today when their light aircraft was forced to land in a paddock in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, rescue services said.

The NSW Ambulance Service said the plane went down four kilometres from Mt Victoria shortly before 3.50pm (AEST).

Two helicopters were sent to the crash site and were winching two people to safety.

AAP

Guest Fred Bear
I just read elsewhere it was Jabiru 55-3692. No more info than that.

Gee, nothing is sacred anymore!!

Guest Fred Bear
Does that rego have significance Darren? Not sure what you mean by your post.

No mate not at all. Just a little bit of a comment I made that's all.

Guest Fred Bear

Now nothing is safe from the public 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Here is some more info from somewhere else:

There was a news story on our local Prime TV.

Aircraft was a Jabiru, rego 55-3692. It was a training flight and the students second flight. Instructor was an eldery gentleman named Rod Hay. Unknown what airfield they were from.

Rod said that there was a lot of vibration coming from the engine and then it died. He put it down on a slope in a paddock. He said he pointed it up the hill and pitched it up.

It looked like a fair amount of damage to the landing gear. Both occupants unhurt.

Rod runs the flying school at YKAT, nice bloke I think he used to run the flying school at YHOX that had all the Sundowners and Skippers etc. I was going to send my younger brother up there to do his training but I thought "hmm not nice country if something goes wrong"...