Greetings from Aldinga.

zyg

Just joined the website so thought I'd introduce myself.I've owned an SB 582 Drifter since Oct last year & have flown around 75 hrs in it.Loving every minute up there! Looking forward to chatting with other drifter pilots about these marvellous machines.

Welcome from a fellow South Aussie. If you ever fly that Drifter over to Goolwa let me know, i'd love to check one out :)

Yeah mate,I fly over to Goolwa quite often.I actually hangered it there from Oct to Feb in one of Geoff's hangers & spent many hours tooling over Hindmarsh Island & Milang,beautiful.

Ditto if you ever fly up to Murray Bridge (Recreational Pilots Academy). And welcome to the site.

Thanks Thirsty[you know there's a cure for that?] I've been meaning to get over there for a while,it's where I learned to fly back in ''98.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nunans
Yeah mate,I fly over to Goolwa quite often.I actually hangered it there from Oct to Feb in one of Geoff's hangers & spent many hours tooling over Hindmarsh Island & Milang,beautiful.

Welcome to the forum, I'm very jealous of the fun you must have had in the drifter down there cruising around.

I was very lucky to fly cross country just once in that area while doing TW in the cubs at Aldinga, and I have to say floating down over the murray river on short finals to land just off the water up some private strips on hindmarsh island was one of the most enjoyable times i've ever had ;)

A great bunch of ultralighers here so don't be shy, show us some pics of your plane or from your flights.