Lone Eagle Flying School Scholarship

Guest aussieaviatrix

Guest aussieaviatrix

The Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Association Inc. (DDSAA), based at Clifton, is again offering its annual recreational aviation flying scholarship for 2013.

The club is offering youth, male or female, aged 15 to 21 who are looking at aviation as a career, sport or hobby, the chance to apply for the annual Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Associating Inc. recreational flying scholarship being offered for 2013. On successful completion of the course, you will obtain your restricted Pilot's Certificate.

A completed application form must reach the DDSAA by the scholarship closing date of 31st March 2013.

The scholarship is valued in excess of $5,500.

A copy of the information pack and application form can be obtained by contacting DDSAA, 549 Clifton-Leyburn Rd, Clifton, 4631, telephoning 0429 378 370, e-mailing [email protected] or visiting the club website at www.loneeagleflyingschool.org.au

The scholarship, which has been offered every year since 2005, covers membership fees, a training books package and flying training in a certified Ausflight Drifter aircraft. It is anticipated a concentrated training course will start during the June holidays. Overnight accomodation can be arranged int he clubhouse for extended training periods. People who were unsuccessful in previous years are welcome and encouraged to apply again.

Guest aussieaviatrix
Have you bumped into any of the previous scholarship winners around the clubhouse?

I guess you could say that! I used to go the the same Air Force Cadet squadron as the guy who won it in 2009, although he's not around at the club any more. I won in 2011, and our 2012 winner got his Pilot's Certificate about a month ago.003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

That explains a lot, I wondered why a young female pilot would choose Trevor's school. Most of the scholarship winners are never seen or heard from once they get their certificates/money runs out.

Is Kylie still flying?

Guest aussieaviatrix

I think part of the reason we lose so many is a time factor too -- especially once school finishes. As a full time uni student I struggle as much as anyone trying to get the time to get out there! The club is really great though -- I really enjoy my time there, even when I'm not flying. Every one is friendly and more than willing to help out.

Kylie still comes out every now and then; haven't seen her in a while, but I again, I can't fly at present so she may have been there when I wasn't....