Is it me?

Guest Redair

Guest Redair

Am I the only one this is happening to? The Recreational Aviation magazine is out in the shops up to 2 weeks before I receive my copy in the post. I thought the idea of this publication being sent out as part of the RA membership, was that at the very least, I would receive it at the same time it hit the shops, if not before.

OK so it is only a small gripe, but how am I meant to find that bargain "Used Aircraft" when all the other bargain-hunters out there have a fortnight headstart on me?

And, on the subject of aviation mags, is anyone else getting fed-up shelling out all those dollars on half a dozen different magazines, just to find that they are all running the same articles, (word for word) one after the other? Case in point being... "I swapped my 18 wheeler for..." well I'm sure you all know the rest!!

OK, that's it, I've had my 2 minutes... now I have to go and pick up all my toys and put them back in the pram!

Regards, Redair.

Not just you it happens to most members the reason being the are printed and then the memebers one's are sent to be packed in plastic and addressed while the others go straight to the agents. Means they get them quicker but also means they are selling sooner therefore costing us less in the long run.

Adam.

Guest brentc

Actually I believe the on-line section is held off until the magazines have been delivered so that it's fair for one and all.

Guest Andys@coffs

Brent

I purchased my J230 by checking the RAA website twice a day and striking the moment it was updated with the next months adds. My J230 was available on line long before the magazine appeared in shops, or in my postbox.

In working that way I rekon I got a head start of over a week on anyone else. The previous owner couldnt work out why only one person was interested.... worked for me.

Andy

Guest Redair

I see

Not just you it happens to most members the reason being the are printed and then the memebers one's are sent to be packed in plastic and addressed while the others go straight to the agents. Means they get them quicker but also means they are selling sooner therefore costing us less in the long run.Adam.

Well that clears that up... I only asked, as the magazine always contains a reply-paid subscription card with the following, and I quote

"Follow events,stay informed and have your say - receive Recreational Aviation Australia Magazine direct to your mailbox every month ahead of the newsstands!"

It's the "ahead of the newsstands" bit that threw me... I figured it meant subscribers came first. Ah well never mind, looks like I'll just take the advice of those helpfull souls who have spotted the headstart given online. Only thing is... now everyone will have read that and they'll all be doing it!!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Regards, Redair.

Guest Jokerman

Still it is annoying that others who purchase the mag from the newsagents get it 2 weeks before us.

Also I don't see how them purchasing it 2 weeks before we get it helps in keeping the cost down. Doesn't make sense. RAA get the money whether they are sold before or at the same time that we get the mag.