Thruster skins wanted

jahatch

Hey mate, unfortunately the aviation world has just lost a fantastic sail maker Wayne fisher. There is a lovely lady who worked for him making sails, she may continue with this, I'm not sure, I will happily ask. Otherwise I will be looking forward to seeing who you get to do it otherwise as my drifter will be approaching new sails and I think Wayne was the only sail maker in aus?

Hey mate, unfortunately the aviation world has just lost a fantastic sail maker Wayne fisher. There is a lovely lady who worked for him making sails, she may continue with this, I'm not sure, I will happily ask. Otherwise I will be looking forward to seeing who you get to do it otherwise as my drifter will be approaching new sails and I think Wayne was the only sail maker in aus?

Thanks for the info and sad to hear about loosing such a skilled person. Much appreciated.

It would help if we knew your location John.Do you have the old set of skins to use as a template/pattern?

Pud

Yes Pud the old ones are still on. I'm located in Brisbane mate.

John,

My skins were made by Wayne Fisher as well so it would be real good if that service was still to be available even though we have lost Wayne.

I do know though, that in WA at least, you can get Taskers Sail Makers to make them. I have spoken with them and they just require a pattern to work from.

Do a search on sailmakers in the Brissie area - could be your answer.

Pud

John,My skins were made by Wayne Fisher as well so it would be real good if that service was still to be available even though we have lost Wayne.

I do know though, that in WA at least, you can get Taskers Sail Makers to make them. I have spoken with them and they just require a pattern to work from.

Do a search on sailmakers in the Brissie area - could be your answer.

Pud

I gave them a call and they can help. They even have some made from 3 years ago made for the wrong model.

I gave them a call and they can help. They even have some made from 3 years ago made for the wrong model.

Yep, I knew they had those there - pity they didn't fit my Thruster.

Is it a full set of skins you need or just the wings?

Pud

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a little old but I'd just like to add my two cents worth.

Boat sailmaking and aviation sailmaking are very different fields. Boat sailmakers do a fantastic job of yacht sails and covers, but when you need skins for aircraft please, go to a sailmaker experienced in aviation work. Only aviation sailmakers truly know what is required in terms of accuracy, and appreciate the responsibility that goes with the work.

Spectrum do great work and we at Wingtech also know our stuff. No pilot in Australia should ever have to take their work to people who may not fully understand it. It is aviation we're talking about and it needs to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

I know this thread is a little old but I'd just like to add my two cents worth. Boat sailmaking and aviation sailmaking are very different fields. Boat sailmakers do a fantastic job of yacht sails and covers, but when you need skins for aircraft please, go to a sailmaker experienced in aviation work. Only aviation sailmakers truly know what is required in terms of accuracy, and appreciate the responsibility that goes with the work.

Spectrum do great work and we at Wingtech also know our stuff. No pilot in Australia should ever have to take their work to people who may not fully understand it. It is aviation we're talking about and it needs to be taken seriously.

Thanks it's good to know.