Greeting fellow aviation tragics

Guest Pilotpj

Guest Pilotpj

Hi All, just sort of "stumbled" onto this site and found it interesting, looking forward to disgussing this aviation addiction we all seem to suffer from. I started flying C150's in '79 then found out I didn't have enough money to continue if I wanted to have all the usual things like a wife, kids, travelling and a fun mortage etc. so the flying had to go on the back burner for 25 odd years. In 1998 I went to a "Big Boys toy show" in Sydney and saw a trike which looked like fun and so bought one the next day (to wife's horror). I flew the trike for a couple of years then moved into a Gazelle which privided a lot of fun for a few years until I purchased a Tri-gear Europa and finally finally finished the PPL that I started in 1979 (I'm an extremely slow leaner). So for the last 4 years or so the Europa's been lots of fun and continues to ferry me around the great Australian countryside. I hold a current RAA licences for weight shift and fixed wing craft and also a PPL. Basically, if it goes up in the air, ... it I love it. My next endeavour would be to learn to fly a radio controlled model .. I'm already extremely adept at crashing them .. and rebuilding 'em. Would be glad to hear from anyone who can get 'em up AND down as one complete unit. Cheers. PJ

PJ - With reference to radio control, try the Reflex Model Flight Simulator or equivalent. These normally plug straight into your transmitter via a dongle from the PC.

Saved me a fortune whilst I was learning to fly choppers!

Cheers........Doug