Toowoomba to Sydney inland?

Guest thomaswb

Guest thomaswb

Hi folks. You've all been so helpful with other plans for trips, so here I go again.

With any luck, early next week I'll be up in Caloundra, but the weather for next week is looking dodgy, so I am investigating an alternate return route just in case the weather is better that way.

I'll be visiting family in Toowoomba if I go that way, so what I'd like to know is: is there a reasonable inland route from Toowoomba to Sydney? When driving I'd use the New England Highway, but that is very high. I'll be flying alone in a Jabiru, so I have no worries about higher altitude performance, but tiger country does worry me.

Regards

Thomas

Hello,

I looked at this a couple of years ago when I was in sydney and thinking of bring my plane down south. I looked at Watts bridge towards moree then down towards dubbo and across to sydney that way it would keep you away from most of the high country and over "reasonable ground"

Hope that gives you an idea.

Adam.

Guest thomaswb

Thanks, folks. I've worked out that if the clouds aren't too low I can go over the ranges at Quirindi. So my plan would be: Toowoomba - Inglewood - Moree - Narrabri - Gunnedah - Quirindi - Murrurundi - then the rest of it I have flown before: Scone etc.

Regards

Thomas

I looked at this a couple of years ago when I was in sydney and thinking of bring my plane down south. I looked at Watts bridge towards moree then down towards dubbo and across to sydney that way it would keep you away from most of the high country and over "reasonable ground"