Ken Wallis has died at 97 years old

mechfx

I was lucky enough to attend a talk by WGCDR Wallis in the UK years ago - fascinating, entertaining and awe-inspiring in equal measure.

There is a biography "The Lives of Ken Wallis - Engineer & Aviator Extraordinaire" which is well worth reading if you manage to track down a copy.

I hope I'm still flying in my 90's

John

I was lucky enough to attend a talk by WGCDR Wallis in the UK years ago - fascinating, entertaining and awe-inspiring in equal measure.There is a biography "The Lives of Ken Wallis - Engineer & Aviator Extraordinaire" which is well worth reading if you manage to track down a copy.

John

What a larger than life character he was and you're right, an inspiration to all aviators. I think I owe the forum an apology (probably more than one if I think about it) I mentioned Ken Wallis a li'l while ago and mentioned his involvement in 'Live and Let Die', It was 'You only live Twice', silly me, should be more accurate with my knowledge of Bondy things and everything else.

• 2 weeks later...
I was lucky enough to attend a talk by WGCDR Wallis in the UK years ago - fascinating, entertaining and awe-inspiring in equal measure.There is a biography "The Lives of Ken Wallis - Engineer & Aviator Extraordinaire" which is well worth reading if you manage to track down a copy.

John

need to give up the smokes John